Shihan Jay Gravelle
Jay Gravelle, author of “Tuite It’s All About Body Physics”, is an accomplished trainer and public speaker, whose varied professional background includes a number of teaching positions. A true “people person”, Jay is well versed in adult and youth learning techniques and is an expert communicator and motivator as well. Students have the opportunity to learn from a professional who genuinely understands the challenges and demands in today’s environment.
Jay has trained thousands of students both male and female, adult and youth in karate, self-defense, joint locks and weapons.
Jay’s delivery style has been described as “knowledgeable”, “relaxed” and “dynamic”. His examples help students break complex concepts into simple ones, as they develop the confidence and skills needed to fully take advantage of their training.
- 8th Degree Black Belt Shorin-Ryu Matsumura Seito Karate and Kobudo.
- Hanshi Certificate
- Shihan (Instructor) for Karate (empty hand), tuite (joint locks) and kobudo (weapons).
- Awarded Kyoshi, OSMKKF
- International Law Enforcement/Police Self-Defense Instructor Certificate.
- Member of All Okinawa Shorin-ryu Karate & Kobudo Federation (AOSKKF).
- Member of Okinawa Shorin-ryu Matsumura Karate & Kobudo Federation (OSMKKF).
- Cofounded the International Shorinryu Matsumura Seito Karatedo Federation with Shihan Greg Lazarus
- Founder and Shihan (Head Instructor) for Northwest Budokan – Master Kise’s Pacific Northwest Dojos.
- Shihan (Lead Instructor) for the Snohomish County YMCA Adult and Youth programs.
- Founder and Sensei (Instructor) for Master Kise’s Chandler, AZ Dojo.
- Instructor with “The Young Olympians” in Arizona sponsored by the Boys and Girls Clubs in the Phoenix area.
- Teaches women’s self-defense seminars.
- Teaches seminars world-wide
- Started training in 1975 while stationed with the U.S. Navy and member of the Naval Security Group on Okinawa.
- He was privileged to spend many hours working out directly under 10th degree Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Matsumura Seito Karate and Kobudo Grand Master Fusei Kise in the honbu (home) dojo in Okinawa City.
- Shihan Gravelle was lucky enough to meet and test all his kyu ranks under and Master Hohan Soken.
- Very privileged to attend training sessions with Grand Master Hohan Soken, founder of Shorin-Ryu Matsumura Seito Karate and Kobudo.
- Trained on Okinawa with 9th Degree Black Belt Ed Gingras.
- Trained with Sensei Kirk Jaeger and Shihan Barry Holck in Shorin-Ryu Kobayashi Karate and Danzan-Ryu Jujitsu.
- Trained with 8th Degree Black Belt Kyoshi John Shipes.
- Attended Seminars with 9th Degree Black Belt Greg Lazarus.
- Attended seminars with 8th Degree Black Belt Jeff Ader.
- Attended many karate camps when Master Kise has visited the United States and has visited Okinawa many times in the past years to train personally with Master Kise and Kaicho Isao Kise.
“Master Kise’s Pacific Northwest Dojos”
3631 Federal Ave.
Everett, WA 98201